So happy to have taste all the nostalgic and delicious food from Pasar Malam after […]
Ancient Himalayan pink salt and traditionally hand harvested sea salts are so useful in each household.
Shivsagar Trading and Maison Gourmet have various types of premium salts that you can add to your dishes or bakes.They are all 100 % natural treats. They are a great addition to many creations. You can use it for sourdough focaccia, brownies, sourdough pancakes and coconut pancakes etc!
Since I have to feed my sourdough starter once a week, I have been making quite a few sourdough bakes! I find that doing cold fermentation, adding olive oil to the initial mixture, sifting the flour and stretching the dough 4 times every 30 minutes for 2 hours make the bread softer. I use bake and aircrisp mode on my NinjaFoodi to bake it.
Ingredients to make Sourdough Foccacia [adapted from kneadtobake]
- 512g All Purpose Flour
- 440g Water
- 100g Sourdough Starter
- 13 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10g Salt
- Mix all the ingredients. Cover with a towel and let rest for at least 30 minutes
- Stretch the dough 4 times every 30 minutes for 2 hours
- Place the dough in the fridge for 6 hours. Let it sit at room temperature for another 6 hours on the baking pan (coat the baking paper with some olive oil)
- Add your desired toppings.
- Bake the Focaccia for 30 minutes at 200C.
Sea salt and chocolate in a brownies are a great match. Other than adding salt inside the mixture, sprinkling some Himalayan pink salt on the top makes it looks extra appetising
Ingredients to make Sea salt brownies [adapted from foodandwine & averiecooks]
- 85g dark chocolate
- 113g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 100g granulated sugar (reduced)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 85g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter+chocolate, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt
- Pour the batter into the pan lined with baking paper
- Use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 40 to 48 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached
- Cool completely before slicing
You can get these essentials easily at foodpanda, fairprice, redmart, grabmart, shopee, amazon, lazada, deliveroo, myonlinegroceries.com, or whatsapp 9642 4602